Moving To and Living in Hawaii
- 50 Reasons to Move to Hawaii!!
- 12 Reasons NOT to Move to Hawaii!
- Living in Hawaii, Should I Move to Hawaii?
- Want to Change Your Life? Move to Hawaii.
- What is the Magic About Living in Hawaii?
- Which Island is Right for You?
- What Is the Ideal Way to Move to Hawaii?
- What is an Average Day Like Living in Hawaii?
- Which Hawaiian Island to Move To?
- Any Viable Alternatives to Living in Hawaii?
- Moving to Hawaii – Or Bust!
- Many Thoughts About Returning to Hawaii
- Can You Conceive of Living in Hawaii?
- Moving to Hawaii – In Preparation
- Here’s What I’d Take to Oahu
- Best Place to Live on Maui
- Moving to Hawaii? Use Twitter.
- Flying to Hawaii – Tips for a Comfortable Flight
- Favorite Memories of Living in Hawaii
- Getting Social in the Islands
- 2016 Hawaii State Holidays Calendar
Positives About Living in Hawaii
- Hawaii – is not all roses!
- I Want to Move to The Islands – Should I?
- Why Live in Hawaii? The Beaches!
- What Are Some Good Reasons for Moving to Paradise?
- Positives and Negatives: Living in Hawaii
- The 5 Best Smells in Hawaii?
Negatives About Living in Hawaii
- Hawaii Water Dangers – Tsunami, Waves, Jellyfish, Urchins, More!
- Hawaii Natural Disasters – Hurricanes, Tsunamis, Landslides, More!
- Hawaii’s Dangerous Marine Animals
- Sharks in Hawaii – The Good, Bad, and Ugly!
- Ocean Critters that Can Harm You
- Hawaii’s Most Dangerous Beach?
- Bugs in Hawaii – Some bad bugs.
- Tips to Avoid Rental Car Crime in Hawaii
- What Are the Social Problems in Hawaii?
- Racism and Hate in Hawaii – Does It Exist?
- What Are Some Bad Reasons for Moving to Hawaii?
- Hawaii High Cost of Living
- Is Pot Legal in Hawaii?
- What are the Worst Things About Living in Hawaii?
- What Will Your Home Look Like?
Money, Jobs, and Working in Hawaii
- Which Job is HOT in Hawaii in 2015?
- How I Landed My First IT Job in Hawaii
- How I Landed My Second IT Job in Hawaii
- My Third IT Job in Hawaii
- How to Build Your Online Business from Hawaii
- Starting a Business
- Saving Money in Hawaii
- Finding Employment in Hawaii – What is in Demand?
- Work on a Farm
- Live Off the Land – Video
- Absolute Worst State to Make a Living – Hawaii!
- Best Career Field in Hawaii?
- How to Save Money in Hawaii – Buying at the Right Time
- Moving to Hawaii on a Minimalist Budget
- Living in Hawaii as Homeless
- Growing Pot in Hawaii – the Ultimate Job?
- Waitress Moving to Hawaii
- UK Resident Asking – Should I Move to Start a Business?
- How Much Money Do Honolulu, Hawaii Residents Make?
- Physical Therapy Assistant Wants to Move to Countryside
- Another Perfect Hawaii Job
- Finding a Job
- Home Based Business Idea in Hawaii
- Oahu Job – Social Media Specialist – $50,000 or More
- Living in Portland, Moving to NYC and Moving to Hawaii
- Starting a Business in Hawaii?
- 3 Ways to Help You Find a Job in Hawaii with Craigslist
- Finding Hawaii Employment Using RSS Feeds at Craigslist
- Finding Employment Using Craigslist – Search All Jobs
- Using Craigslist Hawaii – Your Resume
- Some Fun Jobs Available in Hawaii
Reader Questions About Hawaii Answered
- Living on Big Island, Hawaii for 7 Months
- Oregonian Single Girl Wants to Live in Hawaii
- A Dream of Life in the Islands
- College Student Wants to Live in Hawaii
- Moving to Maui from California?
- Moving from Puerto Rico to Hawaii
- Moving to Kauai on $5,000+ Per Month – Doable?
- Single Mom with 2 Kids Moving to Hawaii
- Moving to Hawaii at 19 Years Old?
- A Couple Living on Maui on $35,000 Per Year?
- Dental Hygienist Has Questions About Living in Hawaii
- Planning for Big Island Living in Hawaii in 7 Years
- Readers Moving to the Hawaiian Islands
- Rent or Buy in Hawaii?
Basic Facts and Info
- Some Interesting Facts About Hawaii
- Religion in Hawaii
- Hawaii Emergency Information
- Hawaii Airport Codes
- Hawaii Veterans Services and Benefits
- Hawaii Agencies on Aging and Other Social Services
- Retirement in Hawaii
- Public and Private Schools in Hawaii
- Buying and Rentals – Living on an Island in Hawaii
- Language, Culture, Friends, and Social Life in Hawaii
- Most Visitors to AFA Looking for “Living in Hawaii” Info
- What is the Point of Life? Living in Hawaii!
- Hawaii’s Affordable Housing Nightmare
- Hawaii Visitors through November 2011
Weather, Climate, Geological Issues
- Hawaii Weather – what to expect?
- Weather Month-to-Month January to December Breakdown
- What is Year Round Weather Like in Hawaii?
- Is Hawaii Weather the Best on the Planet?
- Hawaii Moonbows: Awesome Experience!
- Hawaii Satellite Image of Islands – cool
Hawaii Things To Do and Sites to See:
- Things to Do in Hawaii
- Which is the Ultimate Hawaii Beach?
- What to Do in Hawaii – by Island
- My Top 5 Favorite Activities in Hawaii?
- Golfing on Big Island – Oahu – Maui – Kauai – Molokai / Lanai
- Shopping on Big Island – Oahu – Maui – Kauai – Molokai / Lanai
- Ultra-Running Hawaii
- Shorefishing Hawaii!
- What is Oahu Like? An Overview…
- What to Do on Oahu, Hawaii in one weekend?
- Makapu’u Beach Park – Oahu, Hawaii
- Diamond Head Volcano – Oahu, Hawaii
- Hanauma Bay – Oahu, Hawaii
- Snorkeling in Hanauma Bay
- Sunset on Diamond Head Trail – Only on Weekends
- Bodyboarding at Bellows Beach, Oahu, Hawaii
- Waimea Bay Big Waves – Oahu’s North Shore
- Hawai’iloa Ridge Trail – great hiking trail on Oahu
- Family Spots on Oahu
- Best Beach on Oahu Island, Hawaii – Bellows Beach
- Big Waves at Waimea Bay, Oahu
- Top of a mountain peak hike on Oahu, Hawaii immersed in cloud
- Golfing on Oahu!
- What is Maui Like? An Overview…
- What is Lahaina, Maui Like?
- What to Do on Maui?
- Haleakala National Park – Maui, Hawaii
- Papalaua State Wayside Park – Maui
- Living Large in Hana, Maui
- Maui Beach Sunset
- Maui Organic Food Shop – Mana Foods!
- Guide to Maui – Free PDF
- Tourists Exploring Red Sand Beach – Hana, Maui
- Living the Dream on Maui
- Black Sand Beach, Maui
- Red Sand Beach – Hana, Maui
- Biggest Daytime Party on Maui? Sundays at Little Beach
- Things to Do on Maui – Ziplining
- Lahaina Produce on Maui – Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Golfing on Maui!
- Amazing Kauai
- Visiting Kauai – Only 10% Accessible by Car!
- Video & Photo: Walking Through Clouds in Kauai, Hawaii
- Burning up the Waves – video
- Golfing on Kauai!
- Golfing on Big Island!
- 11 Fiery Volcano Images (don’t miss)
- Bodyboarding Hawaii’s Surf
- My 2 Near Death Experiences Bodyboarding Hawaii’s Big Surf
- Surfing in Hawaii – Why Is Surfing Fun?
- Turn Yourself into a Surfboard: Bodysurfing!
- If Big Island Volcano erupted – Effect on Oahu?
- Birth of a New Island in the South Pacific – close to Hawaii, great story
- Ocean Kayaking in Hawaii and Thailand
- Jumping Manta Rays videos
- Hawaii Cliff Diver
- Ouch! Lahaina, Maui Shark Bite
- Best Big Wave Video – Ever
Other Hawaii Articles
- Magical, Mysterious, Matchless Hawaii
- Best Restaurants in Hawaii?
- Hawaii Bucket List
- Hawaii Real Estate Site Sale
- iPhone Connection Issues in Hawaii
- Any Buddhists in Hawaii?
- Hawaii Happy Faced Spider
- Thailand or Hawaii – I’m deciding where to move
- Visitors to this site want “Living in Hawaii” information
- Refocus on Hawaii
- DAKINE Backpacks – One Hawaii Business Doing it Right
- New Aim for Awesome Header – Diamond Head with Zach!
- Two Beer Queers – Hawaii’s Beer Review Specialists
Culture – History
- Duke Kahanamoku – a Hawaiian legend
- IZ (Israel Kamakawiwo’ole) Songs of Hawaii
- Honolua Bay, Maui – Retro surfing 1963 video
- Heiau Respect in Hawaii
Ancient Hawaiian Philosophy of Life:
- The 7 Principles of HUNA
- Our 3 Selves or Minds
- Huna, The 4 levels of Reality
- Pono: Ancient Hawaiian Belief System Videos
- Hawaii Category – includes pages with mention of Hawaii.
[…] – really. There is good as well as bad. Here are links to more than two-hundred (200+) of my best articles about Hawaii – listed on one […]
[…] All Hawaii Articles (200+) […]
I was wondering when you posted “Hawaii’s High Cost of Living” article, I am currently writing a research paper on the difference of Hawaii and other states cost of living and minimum wages.
Hope to hear back soon!
I have seen absolutely nothing on home gardening (food gardening) on the Big Island. I am an avid gardener and hate to think that if I move there I could not have a garden – fresh tomatoes, green beans, zucchini, etc. Are home gardens common in the islands, are they even possible??
Hi I’m a high school senior American Japanese living in Hong Kong (TCK).
I’ve been accepted to a private school in Boston (great program), but my gut screams University of Hawaii Manoa. I keep hearing about the high costs of living and island fever, but I feel like I can manage it slightly because HK has a high cost of living, and I live on an outlying island away from the city itself.
I plan to apply for residency (buy an apartment & have a part-time job) here, because my parents believe that in the long run it will pay back with room-mate rent income alongside the difference between a resident and an out-of-state tuition fee. Whereabouts would you recommend that I buy a 3 bedroom apartment in? At the moment I want to know about convenience and safety, for as “spoiled” as it sounds, my family is currently comfortable with savings.
Personally, do you think that it’s a bad idea that I aim to live in Hawaii for 5yrs during my university life? I fell in love with the its history, and I feel like I will regret my potential “other” life that I could have had if I go to Boston instead. Despite this, I have to think rationally about at least finding a job (full/part-time). I am currently planning to major in education, but I want to change it immediately to Marketing, Sociology, Poli Science (mix of major/minors). After/during my BA, I would most likely get a teaching certificate so I have the option of being a teacher.
What are your thoughts on this? Truly appreciated!
I think moving to Hawaii for school would be the coolest. Not the best education, but the coolest for sure. If your parents are actually going to let you move to Hawaii and buy a 3-bedroom apartment instead of go to Boston and suffer through horrible weather, worse traffic, and murky waters – by all means, pack your stuff and go and buy that condo before they can come to their senses. Buy a condo in Waikiki. When you have visitors, they’ll be happy for the convenience of walking to the beach.
Best of luck! Aloha!
Do I need a visa to retire to Oahu? I am 65 but still fit would I be able to do Handyman work?
I don’t know David, I don’t keep up with immigration / work permit issues, it’s too overwhelming and it changes often. Sorry!
-What Paperwork etc. Are Required., ‘Should you want to move to Hawaii, from South Africa.. ??
No idea. I don’t offer advice for people wanting to move from other countries. Number 1, it’s changing all the time. Number 2, it is different depending which country you are coming from. You will have to do a lot of research to figure it out!